Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"You can't marry your SISTER!"

My daughter, Livy, and her best friend, Ethan, had a conversation in her play room that I overheard from the living room yesterday. Ethan has a little sister name Tory. Here's the conversation:

Livy: "Hey, Ethan, are you going to marry somebody when you get older?"

Ethan: "Yeah."

Livy: "Who are you going to marry?"

Ethan: "I don't know."

Livy: "Well, who are you going to marry?"

Ethan: "I'm going to marry Tory."

Livy: "You can't marry your SISTER! It's against the law. The government won't let you marry your sister."

Ethan: "Oh."

Livy: "So who are you going to marry?"

Ethan: "I don't know."

Livy: "Well, who are you going to marry?!"

Ethan: "I'm going to marry my mama."

Livy: "Yeah, it's OK to marry your mama. It's not against the law."

No comments: