Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mr. David Goes to Washington

I'm planning on going to D.C. on Theft Day -- April 15 -- to join hopefully millions of others in a giant tax protest. Won't you please join me for a fun ride up and lots of similar-minded folks to commiserate with while there? I plan on seeing a few sites while there, too.

Here's a notice I just got from Ken Hoagland, the guy who wrote "The Fair Tax Solution."

______________________
Dear Friends,

This week I go to Washington, D.C. to attend the CPAC Convention--an annual gathering of conservative leaders and grassroots activists. I have two big tasks--each with their own challenges and hopes.

First, I'll be on a number of shows broadcast from there about something very special that we'll be launching on Thursday. It's under wraps until then so please don't share this e-mail, but I wanted you to get the first peek.

On Thursday, on Neal Boortz's show and at CPAC we'll be announcing our On-Line Tax Revolt March on Washington. That's right -- online. It's a fantastic new tech that will allow everyone to come to Washington, D.C. and add their voice to a live tax revolt protest.

Here's how it works: You go to www.OnlineTaxRevolt.com (it's not "live" until Thursday) from your own home or office and pick an avatar -- a graphical representation of yourself. Every day, from wherever you live, your avatar will be shown in a growing crowd moving toward Washington, D.C.

We all arrive April 15th and join a massive live protest rally there. Both our avatars and a huge crowd will be nationally webcast in what could be the most powerful tax protest since Boston Harbor.

Michael Reagan, Neal Boortz, Joe the Plumber, myself and others will be leading our march on Washington. Patriots across the country will be invited to join in whether they have embraced the FairTax or not.

We all know, after all, that the tax system is broken and fuels huge debt, dishonesty with the public and the hobbling of our economy. We all have that in common.

Now we need to wake up Washington and correct the destructive habits of the political class. This is how we do it and add millions of voices who would otherwise not be able to travel to the national capitol on April 15th.

This will be huge. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the march. Watch Hannity tomorrow night and you may hear Joe (The Plumber) Wurzelbacher talking about it early. You are the only people in the country, however, who have the details so far.

And then there's the new book...

The other thing I wanted to share with you is that I preview my new book, "The FairTax Solution," Thursday at CPAC in a book signing. Many of you will be getting a signed copy, too, of course, as soon as we get them in and I sign them.

May I share with you my mixture of elation that it is finally out and trepidation at being the target of every naysayer and venomously critical pundit in Washington? Goes with the turf, I guess; count on me giving as good I get but I'm "suiting up" for rough play.

Keep tuned because this is becoming the Year of the FairTax.

Yours sincerely,

Ken

No comments: