Friday, February 19, 2010

I got my monkey toes and I'm on the run!


I bought 'em. Walked right in a bought 'em -- the Vibram 5 Fingers for my feet. Take a look at 'em!

And they're awesome! I've taken two runs in them: first one for little less than a mile and second one today for a little more. You gotta start out easy on the Vibrams because it's a different way of running -- on the balls of your feet with your calves providing most of the work. So after your first run, your calves are feeling it the next day.


I'll never go back to regular running shoes. The Vibrams make me feel like I'm running barefoot and it feels like I've got springs in my legs because of the amazing natural combination of work down by the balls of my feet, my arch, my Achilles and my calves. On the third leg of my run today, I actually sped up. Amazing, that!

If any of you ever want company to monkey-run with you, just call and give me a grunt!

See you at the trails!

1 comment:

Kelly Elmore said...

Glad you like them! I have two pair, and now I can't imagine how I lived without them.