Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The mystics want my money

When you're connected to business folks on LinkedIn and other places, you never know what lurks inside the beast on the other side of the email address. One of these monsters evidently is an "evangelistic leader" and included me today in a very big GROUP email (see below) requesting money for her church. I'll let you, my dear reader, imagine what my response to her entire group was.

Oh, I forgot to mention that she called me a month ago about business and introduced herself as Evangelist Linda Hood. I asked her if "Evangelist" was her first name. She laughed and said, "Oh, I've never been asked that before. No, I'm an evangelistic leader." I said, "Oh, I'm an atheistic leader." The conversation didn't last long. Here's her email:

______________
Hello,
We need your help.....I'm asking everybody I know to please donate a pledge to my church...we've located a new building on Candler Rd.....that can purchased....we can't do that w'out your financial support I'm asking the ( Body of Christ for Help!!!!!!!!! whatever you GIVE WILL BE APPRECIATED AND ADDED TOWARDS THE $65,000...MAKE ALL
CHECKS PAYABLE TO: RHEMA CHRISTIAN MINSTRY.....SEND DONATIONS TO...
Evangelist Linda Hood, P.O.Box 830921....Stone Mountain,Ga.30083....phone # 404-246-6058.....OR JOIN US FOR OUR WORSHIP CELEBRATION SUNDAY @ 11:AM....WE
NEED YOUR PLEDGE ON THIS SUNDAY.....1st SUNDAY IN OCTOBER....THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT....IF I CAN EVER RETURN THE FAVOR PLEASE DN'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME......ONLY FOR THE KINGDOM....HIS SERVANT........Evang.linda hood

No comments: