Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just when I thought I could buy an American car ...

Here's some good news about technology and some typically bad news about government and its enablers (in this case, Ford).

Good news: The geniuses in the tech world have figured out a way to convert voice to text for cars, and Ford is looking into it for its future cars because many of its buyers are asking for it. Kudos!

Bad news: Ford is simultaneously endorsing a U.S. government proposal to ban texting while driving.

Huh? Anything sound fishy in a company seeking the banishment of an activity that will drive consumers to its product? And, by the way, what the hell is a maker of automobiles doing giving opinions on what private people do in the cars they drive that has nothing to do with the car itself?!

Many of you may remember my complimenting Ford for being the only U.S. automaker that didn't take bailout loot. And now the bastards go and fuck it all away! So I reckon I'll have to look across the Atlantic or Pacific for a new car -- or put a light on my bicycle.

No comments: