Saturday, December 12, 2009

Krill -- The new superman of Omega 3s

I've been taking Carlson's Norwegian cod liver oil for years and have had much better digestion and a general feeling of better alertness. Moreover, my minor joint pains that I had before taking the oil have completely disappeared. At 49 years old, I have zero join pain. I also have better flexibility than I did 10 years ago.

But I'm about to move on to something that is being touted as having 48 times the Omega 3s of fish oil: Krill oil. Krill are the tiny crustaceans that whales and other sea animals feed on in abundance. Krill feed on algae and phytoplankton, sources of immense nutrient compounds. Krill are the most abundant organism on Earth, by body mass amount: 510 million tons just in the north Pacific. I've been doing research on krill recently and will be buying krill-oil capsules today to incorporate them into my diet.

Like fish oil, krill oil is high in Omega 3s -- much higher. And more important, krill oil's ratio of Omega 3s to Omega 6s is much greater, meaning you get a more potent form of the "good" omega compared with the "bad" omega fatty acid. Moreover, krill oil is almost bereft of mercury and other poisons because krill are near the bottom of the food chain (unlike salmon and cod), as well as living in deep-cold-sea habitats with very little poisons.

Krill are terrific for your liver, your joints, PMS symptoms, inflammation reduction, free-radical extermination, digestion, and much more. If you want to find out more, check out established Internet sites. Here are a few to start with:

A good article on understanding krill.

This site contains studies of krill oil on mice and other animals.

Pop a couple of krill-oil pills a day, my friends, and enjoy your health.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to exercise! :)

2 comments:

rGreen said...

Hey do you have any updates after taking krill oil? Any improvement? I'm a fish oil guy myself but would like to try krill oil after reading this article http://krilloil.mercola.com/krill-oil.html

Dave said...

No new updates on krill oil. Because of money constraints, I decided to stop taking the krill several months ago. I'll begin again when the money starts rolling in again. Thanks!