Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An unschooling dad talks

As many of you know who read this blog, I "unschool" my child, which means I allow her to be completely free to run her life as long as no imminent danger presents itself. She can choose the food she eats, the time for bed, whether she wants to brush her teeth or wash herself or brush her hair, what she wishes to do with her belongings, what she wants to learn about the world. There is no formal schooling nor any direction on my part about what she should do with her life as far as knowledge is concerned. She just turned five and is a vivacious, creative, introspective, rambunctious, insightful, humorous, inquisitive child. The following article at the following web site was written by an unschooling dad, like myself. It's quite good and should give some more insight into what this whole unschooling thing is.
http://thisdadstake.weebly.com/index.html

No comments: