There are two distinct types of fake people in life: the consciously fake and the subconsciously fake, though the former has the latter as well.
The former purposely (consciously) deceives others. They're outright liars.
The latter deceives himself -- and then others, unwittingly -- making of his life a lie.
They are both dishonest, either willfully or unwittingly. One knows the damage he's doing, and the other doesn't really, but has cowardly accepted ideas that are wrong in his mind and then acts on the misconceptions, creating deceptions he's not even aware of.
The former are people like Bernie Madoff and Hitler and Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and lying salespeople, using verbal legerdemain (outright lying) to achieve their ends. These people are eventually discovered and "outed", because their violation of reality is a house of unreal cards blown over by fact-checkers down the road.
The latter are intellectual bullies, abusive parents who rationalize physical punishment, people who use white lies to avoid confrontation and judgment, and media personalities who justify stories that execute their subconscious rage against the machine.
The latter are much more difficult to "out". Their deception is more fundamental, more philosophical, more rationalized, more habitual. The facts surrounding their personal deception go deep, go way back into childhood, go way back into history.
They number the vast majority of human beings. Here are some of their fake beliefs:
4) Racial supremacy
5) "Sparing the rod"
6) Anthropomorphic global warming
8) Drug and alcohol "addictions"
9) Redistribution of wealth
10) Obedience to authority (parents, government, gods)
11) Awarding participation instead of excellence
12) Not judging others
13) "White lies"
I say "fake" on these beliefs because they are not connected to the facts of reality; they are irrational beliefs. They lead to irrational actions and thoughts.
1) Living by "faith" instead of reason, wrecking the rational faculty
2) Living for others, wrecking egoism and personal happiness and proper government
3) Seeing victims in life instead of solutions in life
4) Primitively assessing others by body features instead of (im)moral actions
5) Advocating violence against others to achieve a desired end in actions and thoughts
6) Punishing and controlling capitalism instead of honoring individual rights
7) Believing nonjudgmental inaction achieves peace
8) Focusing on physicality instead of irrationality on substance abuse
9) Believing wealth is achieved via devious or "privileged" means and must be "given back"
10) A skeptical perception of human efficacy, and therefore a need to obey to be good
11) A failure to acknowledge greatness in human action
12) The skepticism of human efficacy in making objective assessments
13) It's OK to be dishonest; in fact it can be good
The list is endless.
Interestingly, the outright fake people (the conscious ones like Obama) are perhaps more dastardly in their open flouting of propriety, fairness and humanity, but it is the second kind of fake people (the subconscious ones) who can be more pernicious and are more pervasive -- comprising the vast majority of humanity.
And it is the extremists of this second kind of fake who have taken over academia and the Mainstream News Media (MSM). They are the ones who've drunk the entire sink of Kool-Aid on bad philosophy, bad thinking -- ideas devoid of their relationship with reality. They are the worst kind of human beings -- bent, subconsciously, on the destruction of individuality, just as they've destroyed their own mental well-being.
They are run entirely by their subconscious conceptions on the "horrible" nature of humans and the world. Their MSM news is subconscious news -- SubNews. It is almost entirely FAKE news, whose propagation is fundamentally subconsciously activated, to satisfy irrational misconceptions instead of perceiving, explicating and broadcasting objective reality -- real news.
They believe, like Thomas Hobbes, that humans are nasty and brutish, incapable of governing themselves, and in need of a dominant overlord (Leviathan government) that is itself aggrandized and monitored by the true overlords -- the eminence gris, the "thinkers", the media, who believe themselves to be entirely immune from their own skeptical assessment of humanity's alleged "fall".
These people are "well-educated", which means, in truth, that they are well-indoctrinated. They exit high school as nearly full-blown SJWs (Social Justice Warriors), and then seek further "education" to intellectually rationalize their subconscious misconceptions of the world.
While billions of other people leave basic schooling to "get on with their lives" and get jobs and have families or actually seek "hard" secondary education to get a real job in the marketplace, these SJWs are learning where their spot will be in the modern-day Inquisition of the MSM and academia.
The most adept at dishonesty among them rise to the "top", at places like the NYT and Washington Post and the major broadcast networks. This is the creme (scum) of the intellectual cesspool that is the modern liberal mind. They are dug in. They are the Torquemadas. They are revered.
They have never given a single thought, most of them, to what individual rights are. They deride absolutes, while dishonestly denying their own Leftist absolutes. They are contemptuous of the masses (hoi polloi). They are stridently anti-greatness, which makes them stridently anti-capitalism. ("You didn't build that.").
And so their "news" does not revolve around individual rights, glorious capitalism, freedom of speech/guns/property, greatness of individual endeavor, and government limitations -- real news.
Instead they spout subconscious-driven "news", SubNews -- FAKE news. Red-herring news (global warming), subconsciously yanking viewers and readers away from the fundamental aspects of any subject (in this case, the individual right to production). No news, subconsciously avoiding real news (ObamaCare's grotesque violation of the right to make health decisions).
SubNews is ubiquitous, insidious and nearly invisible (to anti-conceptual mentalities), like the subconscious monster in The Forbidden Planet. It runs thousands of "invisible" fake stories each year -- stories that would not exist if the media were objective and reality-based. SubNews pretends these are relevant stories, real news:
1) Ominous talk of leaving the terrorist-ridden United Nations, which shouldn't exist
2) Black Live Matter being a legitimate "movement" instead of a terrorist organization
3) Campus tantrums being called "protests" instead of threats aimed at stopping free speech
4) Endlessly discussing fake "climate change" instead of dismissing it for what it is -- an attempt by Marxists to destroy capitalism and not honor property rights (the real news)
5) Endlessly discussing "violent crime" (with a conscious and subconscious attempt to eradicate the right to own weapons)
6) Assuming "welfare" is moral and an absolute entitlement of "victims" of "cold" capitalism
7) Blathering about "unequal pay for women" instead of honestly addressing the real news -- that no such thing exists
8) Droning on about "transgenders" and other "outcasts" and their "rights" instead of honoring a business's right to their own property and bathrooms
9) Concocting hundreds of stories about so-called "privileged" and "underprivileged" to accentuate fake class divisions and capitalism's alleged unfairness
10) Giving airtime and press space to SJWs around the world to further the SubNew's own agenda, instead of mocking and ridiculing the SJWs
11) Running puff pieces, pretending that Islam and other religions have something to offer the West, which the SubNews despises but can't explain rationally
12) Offering daily updates and graphics on drug crime, instead of thoughtful expositions on how humans have a right to their bodies and how drug laws violate that right (which would eventually end their fake stories)
13) Glossing over, ad infinitum, Obama's claims of hope and change, without demanding details from him and holding his feet to the fire of individual rights
There are thousands upon thousands of these types of fake SubNews stories, begun and extended by bad subconscious philosophy, by media scoundrels who never did what most of us decided to do -- Get a life. Think through assumptions. Get a job. Get happy.
Most of us "regular" people don't carry Stalin-statue-size chips on our shoulders. We want to be left alone, but the SJWs won't let that happen. They will insist on calling their SubNews real news, instead of fake news, red-herring news. They insist that we must be controlled -- by them, by the very people who dishonestly absorbed bad philosophy and didn't have the courage to re-assess it.
I worked within the SubNews for 13 years after college (yes, I was a "light" version of one of them), and saw first-hand the subconscious brandishers of nihilism and skepticism. Unlike "regular" people out in the world, they are entirely incapable of discussing ideas civilly. They are thoroughly suffused in their irrationality, having not only committed to it at a young age, but also taken the extra step to "validate" their malevolent worldview in college.
They're on a mission. They will acknowledge that openly. What they can't acknowledge is the dishonesty in their childhood and early adulthood that kept them from re-evaluating their mistaken and assumed beliefs, which now run them and their endless SubNews perorations.
This is the real fake news -- not the silly, transparent attempts by online nut-jobs.
The real fake news begins in the addled subconscious of the lifelong, intellectual miscreants.
The real battle begins with understanding and outing the real fake news -- the SubNews.